Monday, September 8, 2008

Firsts

Well, I just spent my first weekend and first day of work here in Pasadena.

On Saturday my roommates and I went to Malibu beach and caught some rays.

On Sunday I went shopping in Old town with Rachael. When we came home, my other roommate Kathryn talked to the guy that lives in the back house behind ours and he invited us over for dinner. He made a delicious meal including fine fish, exotic vegetables, and farmers market bread. His girlfriend, also named Kathryn, has a great taste in music and they both have fun stories that we listened to for hours.

Today was our first day of work. We carpooled there and barely got to look at the other interns. Our orientation isn't until next week, and our mentors swept us up pretty fast (except for Rachael!). My mentor is really nice, but not very concise. He told me a lot of very interesting things (that was so much I can now barely remember), as well as random info I didn't necessarily follow while I was waiting to be badged and fingerprinted. I've got some reading material, my own office, and my own computer. I'm thinking of bringing a plant or something, it's pretty bland in there. I feel like I did so little actual work today but somehow the day flew by with the little things I had to do in between. Everyone there is very nice and helpful, it will be great.

My badge at JPL. The matching is pure coincidence.

1 comment: